Emergency lights for the emergency escape routes is a mandatory part of the commercial buildings, and higher demands are placed on its proper operation for protection of human lives. The market offers various solutions to the emergency lights that may be divided into two basic groups – with central battery power supply or with autonomous battery power supply.
Protection of central power supply systems requires must comply with the zone protection rules to EN 62305-4 standard. The following, in particular, needs to be protected:
- Systems with AC power supply – in this case the combined SPDs of FLP-B+C MAXI type and similar can be used.
- Systems with DC power supply – in these systems the parallel SPDs of the SLP series (such as the SLP-075 VB for the most common 48 V system), with taking regard to the power supply or charging currents. Lower values of operating currents (LED-luminaires, power distributions with 24 V AC or DC) require the series type of SPDs of the DP or DPF series.
- Luminaires – the commonly LED luminaires used increasingly today may be protected with special SPDs such as of the DA-320-LED type (in case that a DC/AC inverter with 230 V AC output is used for emergency lighting distributions)
- Control circuits – more advanced emergency lighting systems are using data transmission for establishing communication between the respective control units, for interaction with other systems, or for automatic operation testing. Depending on the type of communication interface we install here the SPDs of DL series (Ethernet communication) or the BD/BDM/BDG series (RS-485 and the like communication)
- Sensors and detectors – peripheral system elements (i.e. detectors, sensors, indicators and the like) are protected in particular in case they are installed in lower LPZ zones than their control units. The adequate type of SPDs can be chosen from the BD/BDM/BDG series.
Standalone luminaires with internal backup are most often fitted with the DA-320-LED SPD.
Further information you may find in our application manuals at: https://www.saltek.eu/katalogy-brozury